The new Factor ONE goes beyond aerodynamics to be the fastest aero road bike ever, not on paper or in the wind tunnel, but on the road. With the Twin Vane Evo downtube at its core, the new ONE has been designed for aerodynamic efficiency and maximum frame stiffness. Leading the peloton against the headwind, an all-out criterium or at a fast paceline through the rolling countryside, the new ONE is sure to deliver an exhilarating, fast ride.
Profiting from all the aerodynamic work to design the Factor SLiCK (time-trial/triathlon machine), Factor’s R&D team has translated that tube-shaping knowledge to road bike platform. Using the AG2R Pro-Tour approved geometry from the O2, the new ONE comes loaded with unique features.
- Twin Vane Evo downtube
- OTIS external steerer fork with wide stance legs
- OTIS Evo aero barstem
- All-internal cable routing
- Wide stance airfoil seatstays
- Clearance up to 28mm tyres
- Electronic drivetrain only
- Rim and Disc brake versions
- 7 frame sizes
The new Factor ONE has been developed to be the fastest road bike ever. Not just on paper, but on the road. This is the result of extensive aerodynamic design work, structural manufacturing optimization for best power transfer and integration of components.
Factor Twin Vane Evo downtube
Factor has worked tirelessly on the development of the Twin Vane Evo downtube, for more aerodynamic efficiency and maximum frame stiffness. The Twin Vane Evo takes all what we learned during the extensive aerodynamic work to design the Factor SLiCK, and has been developed through CFD in the computer and later optimized in the wind tunnel. This feature on the ONE shows an expertise in design and engineering that is unique to Factor.
Cutting Through the Wind
The Factor ONE has been designed to push the limits beyond anything else seen in the market. Using CFD and wind tunnel data, we have perfected the aerodynamic profile of every section in combination with superior riding characteristics.
- Optimized Twin Vane Evo downtube lets the air run through while increasing the bike stiffness at the BB and headset.
- Wide stance seat stays to allow the air to flow free through, rather than around, the frame and rear wheel.
- Deep airfoil seat tube contours the rear wheel to hide it from the wind.
- The external OTIS fork features airfoil profiled, wide stance legs.
Standing for ONE Total Integration System, the OTIS gives shape to the front of the ONE. The system comprises the following exclusive Factor parts:
- External steerer fork
- Internal headset rod and upper compressor
The benefits of this design are many:
- Increased stiffness while sprinting
- Increased precision during cornering, descending
- Internal cable routing: clean looks and improved aerodynamics.
- Possibility to adjust bar stack at anytime, by adding or taking out spacers: no steerer tubes to cut down, no cables to rework.
- Headset installation and preload is independent of handlebar assembly.
- Ample knee clearance while sprinting or out of the saddle climbing.
Taking advantage of the OTIS assembly, the ONE Disc features complete internal routing. That includes the hidden front brake hose, only visible where it meets the caliper at the bottom of the fork leg.
The ONE Disc fork has been shaped using Factor’s aerodynamic know-how and CFD capabilities, reducing the volume of the crown where it blends into the headtube. At the same time, the wide stance fork legs allow the air to run through to further decrease aerodynamic resistance while increasing lateral stiffness. With the same obsession for aerodynamics and to keep things tidy, the disc brake caliper is housed in a recess of the fork leg.
Factor ONE OTIS Evo barstem
The latest evolution of the OTIS barstem, the Evo goes a step further with improved aerodynamic profile and features. The OTIS (ONE Total Integration System) barstem assembles directly to the top of the external fork, bringing outstanding stiffness while sprinting and precision during cornering. Full internal cable routing cleans up clutter from the front of the bike while still allowing for easy bar stack adjustment and disassembly for travelling.
- Nearly invisible to the wind, due to the proven Kamm-Tail airfoil design, and unyielding to even the strongest sprint induced torque
- Smart OTIS assembly system allows for easy stack adjustment by adding or taking out included spacers, all while keeping a clean look.
- Ergonomic bar shape with 125mm reach and 80mm drop.
- Ample knee clearance during sprints or climbing out of the saddle.
- Full internal cable routing compatible with Di2 and hydraulic hoses.
- Integrated computer mount
- All hardware is corrosion resistant stainless