Limited Lifetime Warranty On Bicycles and Framesets
Factor warrants to the original owner that each new Factor bicycle or frameset is free of defective materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid for the lifetime of the original owner, but is subject to the following limitations, terms and conditions;
The lifetime limited warranty is conditional upon the bicycle being operated under normal conditions and use, and properly maintained in accordance with the owner’s handbook (as supplied with the Factor bicycle, frame, chassis or rolling chassis).
This lifetime limited warranty does not apply to paint/finish, any Factor components considered subject to normal wear and tear, or any third-party components attached to the bicycle or frameset. This includes but is not limited to wheels, drivetrain, brakes, or any suspension related parts or components.
Any Factor components considered subject to normal wear and tear are covered under a limited one (1) year warranty. The duration of this limited warranty shall be one (1) year, commencing from the date the customer takes possession of the bicycle.
Factor components considered subject to normal wear and tear will be listed in the Technical Supplement and/or User Manual provided with the bicycle. Any and all third party components included with or installed on Factor bicycles are subject to any manufacturers’ guarantee applicable to those components, as specified by the manufacturer.
Additional Conditions: This lifetime limited warranty is made solely to the original owner of this new Factor bicycle or frameset, and shall remain in force only as long as the original owner retains ownership of the Factor bicycle. Factor’s lifetime limited warranty is not transferable.
If the bicycle is purchased as a gift, the original recipient of the gift is considered to be the original owner for the purposes of this lifetime limited warranty.
In order to exercise your rights under this lifetime limited warranty, the bicycle or frameset must be presented to Factor or an authorized Factor dealer, together with a receipt, bill of sale, or other appropriate written proof of purchase which identifies the bicycle or frameset by serial number.
EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS:
The above warranty, or any implied warranty, does not cover:
- Modifications from the original condition except such modifications which are necessary to comply with specific national legislative requirements that may apply in the country of use.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Use of the bicycle for abnormal and/or commercial activities, or for purposes other than those for which the bicycle was designed.
- Damage caused by failure to follow the instruction manual.
- Paint finish and decal damage resulting from normal wear and tear, taking part in competition, jumping, downhill and/or training for any such events or as a result of exposing the bicycle to, or riding the bicycle in, severe conditions or climates.
- Labour and/or transport charges for full or part replacement, repair, return or changeover.
- Accident, neglect, improper handling, abuse or wilful damage, misuse, improper assembly and use of devices or components not originally intended for, or not compatible with the bicycle.
- Any alteration or repair by you or a third party who is not one an authorised Factor technician.
- Any specification provided by you. Remedy: Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above Factor warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to repair or replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Factor.
- Except for this remedy Factor will not be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential loss or damages, including, without limitation, loss or damages for personal injury, property damage or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability or any other theory.
WARNING: We do not approve the use of a single piece type press fit bottom bracket on our frames. Use of this style of bottom bracket may result in damage of the bottom bracket shell which will not be covered under warranty.
Nothing in this limited warranty will exclude or limit Factor’s liability for death or personal injury caused by Factor’s negligence or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law. Unless you are a consumer, Factor makes no other warranties, express or implied and all implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability, reasonable care, and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed.
In the event that Factor prevails in any court action, you agree to reimburse Factor for the expenses, including attorney’s fees and expenses of litigation incurred by Factor in defending against your claim.
Claims made outside the country of purchase may be subject to additional fees and restrictions.
Warranty detail and duration may differ by country. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from place to place. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
To the extent that this warranty statement is inconsistent with local law, this warranty shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such law; under such law, certain disclaimers and limitations may apply to the customer.
Some states and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or warranties, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
If it is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction that a certain provision of this limited warranty does not apply, such determination shall not affect any other provision of this limited warranty, and all other provisions shall remain in effect.
The English language version of this limited warranty will prevail.
This limited warranty is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection to this limited warranty or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).