We are proud to announce the launch of a brand new, ultra lightweight bike, the VAM.
VAM is the maximum expression of Factor’s design and manufacturing expertise. VAM stands for Velocita Ascensionale Media (Average Ascending Speed in Italian), a term that points to where FACTOR has put its target: Minimum weight, maximum stiffness-to-weight, unparalleled riding quality.
The VAM approach has been used to develop the new O2 frameset. With all the feedback and data collected since the launch of the original O2 three years ago, Factor has worked in a few specific areas:
– Optimised structure design to use the least material without stiffness or ride quality loss.
– Optimised carbon layup and more specific carbon material choice de-pending on the frame area and shape.
– Optimised carbon moulding technology, using even more sophisticated internal mandrels for maximum surface smoothness and highest carbon compactation.
Along with the higher optimisation on the structure design and manufacturing, the VAM introduces some other significant updates on the O2:
– Updated, race-tuned geometry- Revised cable routing path design and cable stops for easier installation and smoother function
– Increased maximum tyre clearance, now up to 30mm wide (measured).
– Rim brake version now uses Direct-Mount standard, for increased power and easier adjustments.
– Integrated carbon headset top-cover.
To keep the weight to a minimum, the VAM will be offered only in a Naked-UD Carbon finish