Last Update: 30th September 2019
Factor Bikes UK (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.factorbikes.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is Factor Bikes UK, Unit 20, Chapman Way, Wymondham, Hethel, NR14 8FB
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.factorbikes.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in livechat discussions or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
The information that is stored in cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors which ultimately helps us to provide you with a better user experience.
The Information We Collect
We also receive your email address if you choose to register for our newsletter, or checking the “opt-in” tick box to receive our email newsletter at our online checkout.
Why We Collect It
We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the website. Factor Bikes UK Ltd are constantly testing new ways of improving your user experience so by collecting information on the way you interact with our website, so that we can test different types of content that may be of interest to you.
We also collect aggregated information about every single link and page on the Factor Bikes UK Ltd website, so we can measure the website’s performance. This allows us to create more of the pages that users like and to remove unused content.
If you sign up to the newsletter you may opt-out of receiving the newsletter, at any time by simply clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button on our emails.
Third-Party Tracking Code
In this section, you will find information on what cookies may be set when you visit the Factor Bikes UK Ltd website and how to reject or delete those cookies.
During your visit to our website, you may notice some cookies that are not related to Factor Bikes UK Ltd. When you visit a page with embedded videos from YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Factor Bikes UK Ltd does not control the dissemination of these cookies so you should check the third party websites for more information about these.
The Factor Bikes UK Ltd website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity on the Factor Bikes UK Ltd website.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the Factor Bikes UK Ltd website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
To reject, delete or find out more about this cookie visit developer.google.com
The Factor Bikes UK Ltd website uses Hotjar, a web analytics service used to gain insight as to how visitors experience our website. All data Hotjar collects is stored electronically in Ireland, Europe on the Amazon Web Services infrastructure, eu-west-1 datacenter. The database containing visitor and usage data is only accessible from the application servers and no outside sources are allowed to connect to the database. Their data retentions times never exceed 365 days.
By using the Factor Bikes UK Ltd website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Hotjar in the manner and for the purposes set out above. To find out more about this cookie visit hotjar.com.
You can opt-out of remarketing by visiting the links below:
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
Factor Bikes UK Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner in the UK as a ‘data controller’ in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Further details of the registration are available at www.ico.gov.uk.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
How To Reject Cookies
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form OR registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SocialB or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we
use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.